Bison Meat Sauce
Looking for a great meat sauce you can use for different meals? Simply freeze and use for a quick meal of spaghetti, lasagna, or dipping sauce for bread sticks!
- 2 lbs Ground bison
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can Crushed tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) can Tomato sauce
- 2 (6 oz) can Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Broth
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Fresh chopped basil leaaves
- 2 tbsp Fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- In a large pot on medium heat, saute onions and garlic until fragrant. Add ground bison and continue to cook to brown meat, appropriately 6 - 10 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and broth. Stir into bison meat mixture and cook until warm.
- Add honey, basil, parsley, salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover pot and allow meat to simmer on low for 15 minutes.
This meat sauce is perfect to freeze and use at a later date.Â