This meal is perfect for a busy week night. It can easily be made ahead of time or freezer-ready. Enjoy the flavour of bison in this classic recipe.
- 1 lbs Ground bison
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 255 g Mushrooms, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Plain greek yoghurt (or substitue for sour cream)
- 8 oz Pasta
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley, diced to garnish
- Fill a large pot with water and 1 tsp of salt. Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Saute the ground bison in a large skillet over a medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the onion and continue cooking for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir to combine. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are cooked and onions are soft.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, worcestershire sauce, and dijon mustard. Add mixture to ground bison. Cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat. Add greek yoghurt and stir until combined.
- Serve with noodles and garnish with chopped parsley.
Pro tip: Deglaze pan with 1/2 cup of wine before adding broth mixture for a richer flavour.Â